- I became accredited as a coach in 2014 (after studying organisational coaching through the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership for 3 years).
- I gained my initial ICF credential as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) in 2014, then became certified as an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) in 2018.
- I was on the ICF’s SA Branch Leadership Team for 3 years. During that period I held a number of roles, including: Membership Coordinator, President-Elect, and Branch President.
- I am an ICF registered Mentor Coach and I love mentoring other coaches and leaders who have undertaken coach training.
- I am a qualified Coaching Supervisor, having been awarded my Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision from Oxford Brookes University.
- I am a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Accredited First Aider.
- I love learning, but I left school in Year 10 and did everything the hard way…
- After completing a traineeship through NSW, I kept going and completed a Diploma in Human Resource Management through NSW TAFE. This is what gave me entry to a university degree.
- After 6 years of part-time study I graduate from a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (University of Newcastle and the University of Queensland).
- And as if that wasn’t enough part-time study, I then enrolled in a Master of Business Administration (Executive) and completed this 4 years later (University of Queensland).
- A year later I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Senior Management Development Program at Mount Eliza Business School.
- Most recently I completed a Certificate in Positive Psychology online through the University of Pennsylvania.
The People I Work With
I have extensive experience working with:
- Education leaders at all levels, including Principals/Deputy Principals/Assistant Principals and leadership teams in primary and secondary schools (in New South Wales, South Australia and Victoria).
- Academic/Professional staff and whole teams within the higher education sector (in New South Wales, Queensland, the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia).
- Senior leaders within the Australian Defence Force.
- Staff at all levels and teams in the corporate sector.
- Individuals and teams in the not-for-profit sector.
Diagnostics I Utilise
- Certified in PRINT® Diagnostic Tool.
- Certified in CILCA360 and HILCA360.
- Trained CINERGY Conflict Coach.
- Experienced with: DISC, Hogan, Gallup Strengths, Lominger 360, IDG Insight.
I’ve been running my own coaching and facilitation business since 2014. I absolutely love what I do and think I have the best job in the world.
Since 2015 I have held Associate Coach and Facilitator roles with a number of local, interstate and global coaching organisations. This gives me the opportunity to work with an incredible diversity of people and organisations.
I am a current member of various coaching panels, including: KPMG, UNSW, University of South Australia and GHD. The recruitment and selection process for these panels is very thorough and often includes submission of a recorded coaching session.
I have been working virtually (telephone and Zoom) with individuals, groups & teams for the past four years and I have worked with clients across the Asia Pacific region.
I have been involved in the delivery of coach training programs as both a facilitator and mentor coach for the past three years.
I partner with my coaching clients to identify key strengths and to target the areas for growth that will make the biggest difference to their leadership, or quality of life.
I have been described as “empathetic and insightful” – I help people to broaden and clarify their thinking, then develop sound approaches and strategies to make lasting change.
Before Becoming a Coach
- Before becoming a coach enjoyed a highly successful 25-year career in higher education. I led teams of varying sizes and held executive roles, managing complex functional areas such as student administration and academic facilities.
- I worked at the University of NSW (Canberra Campus) for 11 years between 2004-2014.
- I worked at the University of Queensland for 10 years between 1996-2003.
- I worked at the University of Newcastle for 5 years between 1990-1995.
- My career in university management provided me with extensive experience in resolution of strategic and operational issues, and coordination of projects and initiatives demanding high levels of confidentiality and multiple stakeholder engagement.
- I have an Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance (because of the work I have done with the Australian Defence Force).
- SA DHS Clearance (important for working with students, teachers and school leaders in SA).
I have a tween, a teenager and a Cavoodle. I enjoy wine (inevitable when you grow up in the Hunter Valley!), I dabble in drawing & painting and I love travelling with my family – which includes camping and hiking holidays.