A little bit about Julie
I’ve been running my own coaching practice since 2014.
Before becoming a coach enjoyed a highly successful 25-year career in higher education.
My Coaching Credentials & Qualifications
Julie Lines, MBA
ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC),
AC Professional Executive Coach (PEC),
ICF Registered Mentor Coach,
AC Trained Accreditation Assessor, and
Oxford Brookes University Qualified Coaching Supervisor.
Since 2015 I have held Associate Coach and Facilitator roles with a number of local, interstate and global coaching organisations. This gives me the opportunity to work with an incredible diversity of people and organisations.
I am a current member of various coaching panels, including: KPMG, UNSW, University of South Australia and GHD. The recruitment and selection process for these panels is very thorough and often includes submission of a recorded coaching session.
I am involved in the delivery of coach training programs and in-house ‘leader as coach’ training. This experience has developed and deepened my understanding and application of the International Coaching Federation (ICF) Core Competencies and Competency Markers.
I am a Past-President of the ICF’s South Australia Branch and have held other roles on the SA Leadership Team, providing me with a thorough knowledge of ICF credentialing requirements and procedures.
I am also trained as an Accreditation Assessor for the Association for Coaching, making me familiar with the AC Coaching Competency Framework and Competency Indicators for Coaches, and Executive Coaches. I have a good understanding of Accreditation Schemes (Full Accreditation and Recognised Accelerated Pathway) and required Applicant documentation.
A brief outline of my coach training, coaching qualifications and credentials:
- I became an accredited coach in 2014, training as an organisational coach through the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL) between 2011-2014.
- I gained my credential as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with the International Coach Federation (ICF) in 2014.
- I progressed to become certified as an ICF Professional Certified Coach in 2018, which was renewed for a further 3 years in 2021.
- I was on the ICF’s SA Branch Leadership Team from 2016-2020. During that period I held a number of roles, including Membership Leader and Branch President.
- I have been an ICF registered Mentor Coach since 2017.
- External Faculty member for the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership (IECL) since 2019.
- I am a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Accredited First Aider (completed 2020).
- I was awarded my Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision from Oxford Brookes University in 2021.
- In 2021 I was accredited as a Professional Executive Coach through the Association for Coaching (AC).
- In 2021 I trained as an Accreditation Assessor for the Association for Coaching.
- I am also a trained CINERGY Conflict Coach.
Assessments and Reports that I work with:
Before becoming a coach enjoyed a highly successful 25-year career in higher education. I led teams of varying sizes and held executive roles, managing complex functional areas such as student administration and academic facilities.
My career in university management provided me with extensive experience in resolution of strategic and operational issues, and coordination of projects and initiatives demanding high levels of confidentiality and multiple stakeholder engagement.
- I worked at the University of NSW (Canberra Campus) for 11 years between 2004-2014. That Canberra Campus is located at the Australian Defence Force Academy and during this period I worked closely with uniformed and civilian Defence staff across all three services.
- I worked at the University of Queensland for 10 years between 1996-2003.
- I worked at the University of Newcastle for 5 years between 1990-1995.
- I worked for NSW TAFE in 1989.
I love learning, but I left school in Year 10 and did everything the hard way…
- After completing a Traineeship in Office Administration through NSW TAFE in 1989, I kept going and completed a Diploma in Human Resource Management through. This is what gave me Year 12 equivalence and entry to a university degree.
- After 6 years of part-time study I graduated from a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (University of Queensland).
- As if that wasn’t enough part-time study, I then enrolled in a Master of Business Administration (Executive) and completed this 4 years later (University of Queensland).
- A year later I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Senior Management Development Program at Mount Eliza Business School.
- Most recently I completed a Certificate in Positive Psychology online through the University of Pennsylvania.
- I have an Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance (because of the work I have done with the Australian Defence Force).
- SA DHS Clearance (important for working with students, teachers and school leaders in SA).